These mini Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts are lightly spiced, moist and subtly sweet. They’re great with breakfasts, as a snack or on a table for brunch. Enjoy them with a glass of cold kefir!Servings: 12
- 1/2 cup Lifeway Pumpkin Spice Kefir
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground clove
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 Tbsp butter
- Preheat your oven to 350° F (if not using a doughnut maker).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and ground clove.
- In a smaller bowl whisk together the egg, sugar, kefir and melted butter.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until mixed. The batter will be thick.
- If you're using a doughnut maker, just follow the manufacturer's instructions - we cooked ours for exactly two minutes.
- If you're using a donut pan or sheet pan, bake in your oven for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Substitute up to 3/4 cup of whole-wheat flour, if you would like.
- Substitute a flax egg (1 Tbsp milled flax seed mixed with 3 Tbsp warm water) for egg if necessary.